Pages

Saturday 9 July 2016

Baked doughnuts

Mmmm. It almost seems like the only time I ever post anything on here its during summer. ha. University has been great this year, I thoroughly enjoyed most of my time of 2nd year. With one one module being my favourite, cell communication. This upcoming academic year there will more nutrition centered modules, looking forward to it a lot but will miss the more science based subjects greatly, even though they gave me a lot of stress it was so much fun learning about the subjects, ahh. Farewell, farewell. 

Matcha baked doughnuts and strawberry cupcakes

I love working with matcha, the vibrant green it gives my bakes are so lovely. My brother's fiance and her family absolutely adores matcha, anything matcha related in London she has probably already tried. Her love for matcha is equivalent to my love for chocolate.


Strawberry cupcakes! Strawberry is another favourite flavour of mine, as I have probably mentioned before. It sort of started off with the mini milk lollies that my mum use to buy for us, they came in three flavours, milk, chocolate and strawberry (ahh could do with one right now). I loved those milk lollies even to this day. The obsession with strawberry flavoured things grew when I tried haagen dazs' strawberry ice cream. I enjoyed the mini nuggets of strawberry the most in the ice cream and would often dig at them as if I found gold digging in the ground. 

The buttercream was a little disappointing, I recall it was a french buttercream that I made and I had used freeze dried strawberry powder to avoid the buttercream from splitting, plus freeze dried strawberry powder is so delish. I remember the buttercream tasting too rich and not light enough but I often found that way with french buttercreams, hmm. Possibly try another buttercream next time. 


Strawberry baked doughnuts


The freshly baked doughnuts just looks so mesmerizing with their browned surface. ^^


This time I made strawberry baked doughnuts (yes there was at least a few months time difference between when I made matcha doughnuts and strawberry doughnuts xD). I added way too much freeze dried strawberry powder which immediately turned the icing into a deep red rather than a blushed pink which was what I had hope for. I experimented with different decorations this time as I had some mini sugar flowers left over and I had always wanted to try made those cute doughnut characters. 

Next time I will be brave and try the traditional fried doughnuts. Hoping to make either creme brulee doughnuts or nutella. Mmm. 

-Listening to BTS' cover of Shinwa's perfect man (and dancing shamelessly) live whilst sipping cold brewed green tea. On a sunny Saturday in my living room. 



No comments:

Post a Comment